Greetings Caucus members!
This is #3 in our series to keep you up to date with what’s going on in the Embedded Librarians Caucus.
Since the previous update sent November 30, there have been a couple newsworthy developments:
- Membership has grown from 81 to 83. Thank you all for supporting the caucus!
- Our first webinar, “How to Get an Embedded Librarian Job”, was held on Dec. 15. It was a tremendous success with approximately 120 participants. Our panelists, Rachael Altman, Nadine Anderson, Mia Breitkopf, Jamie Marie Keller-Aschenbach, and George Peckham-Rooney, did a fantastic job. In case you missed it, I wish I could point you to the recording so you could listen to it – but unfortunately when we posted the recording, the response was so great that we crashed our server. So, stay tuned while we get that straightened out and come up with an alternate hosting platform.
Currently we need help with two things:
- Our next webinar. There’s still time for us to put on another one before June if we act quickly. A couple ideas have been suggested. Both of them are great ideas, but maybe you have another one! Or perhaps you’d like to be a panelist for one. Email me to share your thoughts or volunteer. Here are the 2 ideas:
- Keeping your embedded librarian job: techniques for success over the long haul
- The hiring manager’s perspective: what information services managers look for in candidates
- We need to develop plans for our Caucus meeting at the Annual Conference next June in Philadelphia. If you have suggestions or would like to help organize this, please let me know. I’m thinking along the lines of a short business meeting, followed by an informal event where members and friends can get to know one another – what are your thoughts?
Last but not least, please keep in touch! Follow us on our @SLAEmbedded Twitter account, post to this list or contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your ideas and suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you.